August 25, 2009

Engineering PvP

I had a thought today that Engineering may very well be the PvP profession. The gods know you don't do it for money, so that just leaves love... of the bloody mess variery, as a preference.

So.. here's a quick list of interesting Engineering offerings I've used to good effect in a Battleground:

  • Nitro Boots: Great for running down anyone who realises they aren't going to be able to survive a little DK loving, and think that their crowd control + hasty exit will be enough to get clear of you. I've not thought to use this to run away yet, but I can imagine it's just as special as a defensive tactic.
  • Flexiweave Underlay: If you're standing on some tall ledge and decide that you need to get to the bottom stylishly, leaving your gravity-bound new friends behind, this is simply a must-have. Arathi Basin is especially nice for those big drops from the lumber mill and to the mine.
  • Frag Belt: Situationally very useful. Situation? Someone pounding on you (not likely to move errattically away, so we're probably only dealing with melee types) who you want to drop a 3 second stun on. It's an AoE thing with a small radius, so it can be hard to judge where the toon is going to be if you're at distance. The damage isn't special, but if you can trick them into blowing their cooldown on this, all the better. Further, you can still install a belt buckle alongside this tinkering, which I count as pure win.
  • Goblin Beam Welder: Now, this allows a pretty goodly extra amount of life to seige engines, which might just be enough to see you get that wall down.
  • Saronite Bombs: Seige damage. Nuff' said, except perhaps that they come out of a box of bombs.
  • Gnomish Lightning Generator: I'll be retiring this at some stage, but until then, it's delivers a nice whallop if you're out of runic power, and just need to give that toon at a distance just a little more hot-blue loving.
No doubt there are ones I've missed, that I'm not as fond of, such as the poultryizer (I'd rather have a trinket that does damage, even if it's occasionally to me, than one which could get me all clucky instead of my new hordie friend).

Oh, and on a non-PvP note, has anyone else thought that parking Jeeves right next to the auctioneer bot in Dalaran is just a recipe for pure win?

No comments:

Post a Comment