August 17, 2009

WoW PvP Tutorial Video Series

Things started to take off once I found the WoW PvP tutorial series here:

http://www.pvptutorial.com/


I've been progressively working through the addon list presented in the tutorials, and adding the ones I like. So far that includes:
I'm using OmniCC for a second timer on the buttons, Bartender4 for a radically different button layout, Power Auras to give me visual queues for abilities that are available, and buffs that are applied, and Doom's Countdown Pulse for giving me a visual que once abilities come off cooldown.

Unfortunately, getting the UI just right is very much a work in progress. Here's my first "serious" attempt at a UI with the above mods:


Things have changed somewhat since that first attempt. Here's how it looks now:


It's worthwhile discussing the two images and why I've evolved the UI since then, but I think I'll leave that until another time. /yawn /sleep

2 comments:

  1. Would like to see some info about the various macros you have set up.

    The PvP Tutorial site looks interesting, in as much as I can view it at work. It will probably get a watch during maintenance tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One blog entry for macros... added to th wishlist... but first, I think I need to go deep on peripheral setup, which is kinda foundational for why the two UIs differ so radically.

    ReplyDelete