February 23, 2010

Ventrillo Enabled

A-Von moved across to Aman'Thul last week, because, let's face facts... WoWCrack without friends is just an overcomplicated variant on the First-Person Shooter. The move has been a good call. With the server operating in prime Aussie playing time, there are actually people around. BGs and Instances pop without much of a wait, and WG is just plain full-on:



I'm hoping to experience some premade PvP action. Nothing to report on that score yet, but I'm not really trying just yet either. On that score, I've spotted the occasional premade forming with the request for peeps to join Vent.

Now.. I run Ubuntu natively, so the answer to this dilemma for me involves installing wine and Vent to run within Wine. There is a bit of a trick to getting it working, which involves unticking the "Use Direct Sound" checkboxes:



I gave it a bit of a burl last night with Guildies, and it seems to be doing the trick. Now to get over the introversion when the next premade forms...

No comments:

Post a Comment